Position Title: Counter
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Store Manager
• Assist in the day-to-day store operations
• Determine and fulfill customer needs for automotive parts through lookup and sourcing
• Complete sales for customers over the phone; enter orders in to computer system. This includes learning proper credit card and check procedures.
• Assist management with daily call lists and promotions; develop strong business relationships with Customers.
• Process and receive returned items and stock orders, and perform any other light duty tasks as specified by the manager.
• Maintain safe and secure environment as well as store day-to-day maintenance
• Stay up-to-date on job knowledge and help store accomplish its sales goals
• Assist with delivery runs if needed (if store is short on help)
• Additional responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum 2-3 years of previous experience in direct telephone sales
• Knowledge of automobiles and parts strongly preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Excellent phone manners, sales closing skills and ability to handle objections
• Strong communication skills, especially over the phone
• Must possess good computer skills and ability to learn new programs quickly
• Willing to learn new sales techniques with a desire to be coached
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced multitasking environment
• Self-motivated and results driven with a positive team-player attitude
• Must enjoy challenges and interacting with a variety of people and situations
• Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion
• Must be able to stand for long periods, bend, climb stairs/ladders, and use a computer
• Travel by car to stores and customers if sometimes needed
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers