compensation: Employment at DSI offers competitive pay. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Dynamic System Inc. (DSI), located near Troy, NY is the leading manufacturer of testing equipment for metallurgical research. Due to DSI’s continued global sales growth, we have an opportunity to add a Mechanical Designer to our staff.
Leading candidates will demonstrate an outstanding ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment involving multi-tasking and the organization of complex project management objectives.
Candidates for this position must demonstrate professional discipline, interpersonal skills, customer service, organizational skills, and the ability to acquire new skills on a timely basis.
Candidates must have 3D parametric CAD skills, and the ability to generate design documentation and procedures for both internal and external customers. Candidates with machine design experience, practical assembly skills, and high attention to detail are high desirable.
DSI personnel interact with leading scientists and engineers at some of the most prestigious materials research laboratories in the world. The position is based out of our headquarters and manufacturing facility located in Poestenkill, NY, an eastern suburb of Albany/Troy, NY.
Employment at DSI offers competitive pay and the opportunity to work with cutting edge research and technology.
• Adhere to all safety procedures and requirements.
• Mechanical design of components and assemblies to support R&D projects, product enhancements, and existing products.
• Generation and management of design documentation, assembly procedures, manufacturing information, and engineering changes.
• Assembly/test of R&D projects and first-build projects.
• Development of customer installation plans and layouts.
• Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Develop expertise on the design, installation, and operation of Gleeble systems and to provide support to other engineering, service, and sales staff.
• Demonstrate a positive, proactive, and motivated attitude to work, quality, and safety.
Desired Skill and Experience
Leading candidates will have:
• Associate’s degree (or higher) in a mechanical design discipline.
• Machine design experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience with parametric design software with preference given to Autodesk Inventor.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with energetic and collaborative interpersonal skills.
• Superior business-to-business customer service skills.
• Strong ability to work independently, organize / prioritize work tasks to meet deadlines, and learn on the job.
• Excellent mechanical aptitude, including but not limited to demonstrated ability / results in conceptualizing, designing, assembling, and detailing world class laboratory equipment.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available for successful candidates.
If this position describes your talents and experience, and you know that you can help drive the success of our growing company, then we want to hear from you!
More information is available at www.Gleeble.com. Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers