compensation: commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Benefit Associates, Inc. is looking for an experienced Retirement Plan Administrator at our Ballston Lake, NY location. The ideal candidate should have experience in all aspects of defined contribution and defined benefit plan administration. This includes 401(k), Profit Sharing, Cash Balance and Cross Tested plans. Candidates will be responsible for ensuring that clients are in compliance with all laws governing qualified retirement plans.
• Calculation and allocation of contributions
• Prioritize completion of compliance tests and/or Form 5500 reporting for assigned caseload
• Complete appropriate compliance tests accurately and within standards
• Reconciliation of trust
• Ensure Form 5500 and Summary Annual Report (SAR) are accurate and completed within standards
• Preparation of participant loans and distribution packages
• Work closely with clients to obtain necessary data and respond to their requests/inquiries in a timely manner
• Understand and interpret plan documents and contract provisions
• Identify changes/amendments needed to documents due to client requests
• Participate in meetings for the company and departments on an as needed basis
• Ability to work independently and prioritize workflow to meet deadlines
• Affective decision making under pressure
• 2 – 5 years’ experience (preferred) in Defined Contribution/Defined Benefit Plan administration
• Good written/oral communication skills
• Good customer service skills, ability to effectively communicate with clients via phone or email
• Experience with document interpretation and technical problem resolution
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel (ASC and Datair a plus)
• Experience with unbundled record keepers such as: Principal, John Hancock, American Funds, Mass Mutual, Voya
• Professional designations (ASPPA, NIPA) a plus
We have been helping employers with their retirement plan needs since 1982.
Our expertise is the design, installation, administration, and operation or qualified retirement plans. We provide plan consultation, design, installation, administrative, and actuarial services.
We believe in continuity of account management and close contact with our clients, their legal counsel, and tax advisors.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers