Teen Coordinator (Schenectady NY)
compensation: 35,000+ full benefits
PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE: Youth Development Professional
DEPARTMENT: Craig Street Boys & Girls Club
REPORTS TO: Area Director
IMPORTANT TO NOTE BEFORE APPLYING:
*If you have no experience working with teens please do not apply.
*If you cannot work evenings Monday-Friday (until 9-10pm) please do not apply.
The Teen Coordinator has delegated responsibility from the Area Director for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of teen programming for hard to reach teens within the unit and in collaboration with other units and community groups. The Teen Coordinator will perform his/her duties in accordance with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America Basic Standards of Operation, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Schenectady Manual of Operations and established policies and procedures of the organization.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
1. Plan and oversee the administration of designated teen programs and activities that
support Youth Development Outcomes:
• Establish teen program objectives consistent with organizational goals and
• Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established
standards and goals.
• Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities
and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
• Promote and recruit teen participation.
• Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
• Facilities management.
Program Development and Implementation
2. Establish and maintain Teen Program goals and settings that insure the health and safety
of members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of
program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that club
equipment is maintained in good working condition.
3. Ensure the evaluation of programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities
respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
4. Control Teen Program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
5. Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing
feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities
for assigned volunteers and staff.
6. Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted,
breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
7. Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
Marketing and Public Relations
8. Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of
upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of
advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers and media releases.
1. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Schenectady operates several seasonal, non-unit (Quackenbush Park, Camp Lovejoy, Job Junction, Mentoring, etc.) and innovative programs along with several fund-raising events and special events to benefit our members and the community. It is the expectation that staff members accept assignments to these programs and responsibilities enthusiastically and carry out the respective responsibilities with the same spirit and dedication as is given to all other work. Some travel to trainings and other job sites is required. Lifting in excess of 45lbs will be required at times. Work in the evenings and weekends are a normal part of this job.
2. May oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Keystone, Youth of the Year and Awards
Programs), and/or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
3. May be required to drive Club van periodically.
4. May consult with parents concerning member and unit issues.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club
members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret
guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, member's
parents and other to assist in resolving problems.
• Four year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent.
• A minimum of two years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar
organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of
a) Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
b) Group leadership skills, including an understanding of teen group dynamics.
c) Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
d) Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline problems.
e) Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
f) Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff.
g) Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
h) Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
i) Valid Driver license
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Schenectady is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran
status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status or
non-job related characteristic. We encourage all to apply for
professional and non-professional positions.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers