On-Call Health Screener (Albany, NY)
Screening events are typically scheduled Monday through Friday with variable hours ranging from 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. The position is "on-call", meaning that Screeners do not have guaranteed hours, but Screeners are targeted as events become local to their area.
If selected to join our team at HealthFitness, as an employee, you will receive notifications for all upcoming screening event opportunities in your specific area ranging from 0-180 miles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manual blood pressure and heart rate measurements
• Body composition and BMI using the hand held electrical impedance machine.
• Screening cholesterol and glucose levels (using standard finger stick protocols)
• Post-screening consultations
• Flexibility testing (sit and reach)
Education & Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in a medical, health, or fitness related field; or
• A nursing degree, EMT/Paramedic, Medical Assistant and/or Phlebotomist with appropriate current certification and/or licensure in the state of practice; and
• Current First Aid certification or equivalent training
• Current CPR certification
Other Position Requirements:
• Proficiency in manual blood pressure measurements
• Prior experience explaining health related results to individuals (e.g. Lipid-profile + glucose screenings)
• Prior experience taking accurate height and weight measurements
• Availability for paid training prior to event
• Reliable form of transportation
• Previous finger stick and/or biometric screening event experience strongly preferred
HealthFitness is the leading provider of employee health improvement services to Fortune 500 companies, the health care industry and individual customers. HealthFitness serves more than 300 clients globally via on-site management and remotely via Web and telephonic services. HealthFitness employs more than 5,000 health and fitness professionals in national and international locations who are committed to the company's mission of "improving the health and well-being of the people we serve." For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.hfit.com
HOW TO CONTACT US
The success of HealthFitness is dependent on the quality and service provided by our employees. As such, HealthFitness' commitment to our associates is exemplified by one of the best combined compensation and benefits packages in the industry. If you are interested in a career with HealthFitness, please apply directly at:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (469) 916-5938. For more information on HealthFitness, please visit our website www.healthfitness.com.
1700 West 82nd Street
Minneapolis, MN 55431
HealthFitness is an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 4158919138